Travel as a Tool for Positive Change
Travel can be a powerful tool for positive change in the world – and within ourselves. Learn how more mindfulness, intention, and connection.
About this event
Most travelers love finding new experiences, seeing amazing sights, and exploring different cultures through food and music. Have you considered that travel can do even more — that it can also create positive change for you and the world?
Join the discussion with Jake Haupert and Tanner Colton of the Transformational Travel Council and explore how deepening connection and meaning can create change that breaks down divisions within us and between those we meet while traveling.
What You’ll Get:
- Practices and methods to create a mindset of connection, deeper meaning, and authentic engagement as you travel
- A deeper understanding of how the choices you make when you travel can be a tool for positive change both within yourself and in the world around you
- Specific activities that will change the way you experience the places you go, the people you meet, and the way you feel
- Methods to bring those practices home as a way of extending your travels
If you’d like to learn more about the Transformational Travel Council or are interested in additional workshops, check out the links below:
- Attend a public workshop with the TTC: https://www.transformational.travel/workshops-1
- Sign up for the newsletter using the sign up box in the footer of the homepage: https://www.transformational.travel/
- If you are currently in the travel industry, join as an Ally: https://www.transformational.travel/ally-membership
Meet Your Presenters
Jake Haupert – CEO of the Transformational Travel Council
As CEO of the Transformational Travel Council, Jake considers himself a guardian of the planet and of beautiful things. He is dedicated to a life of service, helping people and places transform and become happier, healthier, more conscious and regenerative by nature. He’s advocating for new ways of believing, being, doing, and traveling that positively impacts our lives, how we are with others, and how we relate to our planet.
Tanner Colton – COO of the Transformational Travel Council & Co-Owner of Travel Life Adventures
A lifetime of seeking in nature and around the world has taught Tanner one important thing: our lives are not ours alone and there is no end to what we can learn. Tanner seeks to create space where personal transformations can take place for travelers, and to work with and support communities in creating sustainable and empowering tourism programs and infrastructure. It is time for travel to be an agent of positive change instead of a tool of exploitation. Tanner has been working in travel and tourism for almost 10 years in various roles and capacities. He has been a travel designer, guide, and consultant.
Debra Shapira – Philanthropy Lead Advisor
Debra Shapira advises and educates Brighton Jones clients on how to align their passions with strategic, trust-based philanthropy. She leverages her expertise in the social impact sphere to help clients articulate their philanthropic vision and engage in impactful relationships with the causes and organizations that inspire them. By creating meaningful connections — between philanthropists and nonprofit leaders, among family members, and within the community — clients’ philanthropic portfolios can create lasting change.